Monday, July 28, 2014

End of July

Here we are in summer.  It's hard to tell but it's raining pretty hard in a lot of these pictures.  Here are the Cardoons, bowing and stretching in the back.  Behind that are the super colorful Chard and somewhere back there is a lovely little house.


If the guinea pigs only knew what was just beyond the lawn.


Watermelons

It took hours for Garlic to achieve that perfect 'just rolled out of bed punk' hairdo. 

Here are some more delicious plants


Here are some plastic bags and pieces of wood pretending to be Ian in a field.  I was suspicious when I approached, so I shouted out, "PROMENADE RIGHT".  When nothing danced around, I was totally not fooled.  That's a scarecrow.

Here's the real deal - the Cardoon Patch Kids - thriving during this replenishing rain storm.   It's a rare sighting indeed, and I was lucky enough to not only spot them during my walk through the cardoon patch, but also to have them stay long enough for me to snap a photo before they scurried off in their natural environment, hidden by the massive, jungle like stalks.  

It's a work in progress and it's getting more awesome.  Soon it'll be totally awesome.

No comments:

Previous Entries